Recognized by Israel Innovations Authority AS one of 2018, 10 breakthrough MedTechs
All patients undergoing leading Weight Loss Surgeries (WLS) - Adjustable Gastric Banding, Gastric Bypass or Sleeve Gastrectomy, are expected to adopt new eating behavior following the surgical procedure. Patients are expected to adopt those modifications as a result of the surgical restriction and the care giver verbal instructions. Follow-up visits are an important factor too in WLS long term success as they enable care givers to monitor the patient’s progress and give them corrective advice. However, the majority of the WLS patients require a more comprehensive corrective guidance and follow-up visits that are based on objective progress data that currently is not available to the care giver. Due to the current state of the art, many patients do not adopt the correct behavioral modifications and avoid the follow-up consultations which eventually lead to development of complications, weight regain and reoperations.
Our patented technology - the EBM-TID IoT (Eating Behaviour Monitoring & Training Implanted Device ) will provide the Weight Loss Surgery patients and surgeons:
- Real time corrective guidance for modifying eating behavior -
bio feedback during meals.
- Real time analysis of eating behavior patterns
- Remote e-monitoring, data collection and follow-up referrals to
the required caregivers based on current status
- Objective data based compliance and clinical reports
- Alerts and referrals to the surgeon in case of complication
- The caloric intake of the patient per meal and per day
- A technology that will enable to predict who will fail and take early
After proving the concept in the laboratory and showing the system ability to identify type of food passing through the sensor in 9 out of 10 events it is time to test the system in humans.